Let's Get back to our Roots

News and announcements about the Screamer Fanbase.
Lawiki

Let's Get back to our Roots

Post by Lawiki » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:10 am

ScreamerChecker Wiki was created in 2013 by AnimatorXP as a website to see if websites were or were not Screamers. Much has changed from that time, including most of our users, admin team, theme, website domain, and much more.

Today, however, much of this website has changed, some for the better, and some for the worst. However, in that change, we've lost much of that community feeling that was on this wiki in 2015/2016. Look at the old forum posts to completely understand what I mean.

With viewership dropping, active user count dropping, and the wiki possibly moving for a turn to the worst, Screamer Wiki will be going back to its ScreamerChecker roots. One large change is an integration of the Screamer Wiki and Screamer Forums, which is long overdue. This means contests will start again, and frequent updates will be posted there.

This interwiki feud between some of our users is currently happening as well right now. Starting now (and retroactively) most mentions of it will be archived or deleted.

Sumpy

Re: Let's Get back to our Roots

Post by Sumpy » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:15 pm

I think this is a really good idea! I've been a part of the Screamer Wiki since 2015, and ever since the original one was closed by FANDOM, it lost its original warm community feel.

BTW, small mistake: the original was created in 2013, not 2015.